We are proud to announce the following candidates have accepted the offer and will represent EDYN in the Rising Public Leaders Programme:
- Jana Soukupová, Chief of Staff, Ministry for Science, Research and Innovation of the Czech Republic
- Gjorgi Tasev, Advisor to the Prime Minister of North Macedonia
The following candidates were selected as next in line in case any of the
- undisclosed, Ukraine
- Egzon Osmanaj, Director at the Division for Research, Data Analysis and Policy Coordination at the Ministry of Justice of Kosovo
As indicated in the application form, the main selection criteria included: relevance of the past experience including a track record in the public sector; expected potential to leverage the program outcomes in daily operations shortly upon program completion; the expected scale of the impact on the society (national/regional/local) ; diversity of EDYN participants.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
European Democracy Youth Network is opening the call for applications for the Rising Public Leaders Programme at the Blavatnik School of Government, at the University of Oxford. EDYN invites two members to join the cohort of 2022 and represent our network in this prestigious program. All program costs will be covered by EDYN and the University of Oxford. The participant is expected to cover his/her transportation costs only.
Program dates: 25 March – 3 April 2022
Duration: 9 days
School: Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford
Program cost: $18,300 – fully covered by EDYN and the University of Oxford. Includes accommodation (25 March–3 April), meals, tuition, program materials, and extracurricular activities.
EDYN participants: 2
More info: Find out more by downloading the 2022 program brochure
Application deadline: Thursday, February 24, 23:59 CET
The Rising Public Leaders Programme brings together a group of current and upcoming public leaders from a diverse array of countries, deepening the leadership skills of the participants while strengthening their international networks. The intensive nine-day program brings the cohort to Oxford to learn from world-renowned scholars, from outstanding practitioners, and from one another in highly interactive discussions, debates, and simulations. Participants will establish an ongoing connection with us and will become executive alumni of the Blavatnik School.
Who we are looking for
The program is for rising leaders on a trajectory to lead their public sector organization within the next three to seven years who are fluent in English and can showcase a successful track record as political leaders or as public servants.
Your commitment to EDYN
We expect program participants who participate on behalf of EDYN to leverage their experience at Oxford not only for their professional development, but also for EDYN. A successful applicant will be asked to act as EDYN spokesperson and seek partnership opportunities with fellow participants and the faculty. S/he is also expected to organize a seminar for fellow EDYN members from his/her Country Chapter to share the most interesting insights and inspiration s/he came throughout the program at the Blavatnik School of Government.
Apply here by filling out the application (for assistance or further questions contact [email protected]).
You will leave Oxford with skills and insights that help you in your role, that you can bring home to your organization, and that will strengthen your contribution to the public sector more widely. In particular, you will have strengthened your ability to respond to six challenges facing all leaders of major public institutions:
- Making tough decisions while managing the biases that distort decisions made under pressure.
- Improving the ability of your organization to deliver outcomes that matter to the people you serve.
- Building a culture of integrity in your organization and sector.
- Communicating effectively within your own organization, across government, and with diverse public audiences and partners.
- Creating effective partnerships with businesses and social sector organizations, and negotiating internationally across sectors to deliver better services, produce better outcomes, and advance the public interest.
- Adapting to changing digital technology and harnessing its benefits while managing the challenges of cyber threats. The program will help you to develop a personal and organizational action plan, supported by program faculty and your peers.