European Democracy Youth Network is opening the call for applications for individual projects of the EDYN Ambassadors and Members to be implemented in the period between November 2021 – October 2022. The projects should reflect the EDYN values of liberty, justice and equality and the commitment to promote greater civic and political youth leadership in Europe (please see the Berlin Declaration for detailed information on EDYN core principles).
The applicants are encouraged to address the current challenges in their respective countries/ regions and provide solutions that would contribute to:
- Building strong, resilient democratic society;
- Increasing youth engagement and representation in the democratic process in EDYN member countries;
- Promoting the expertise of young leaders in EDYN member countries;
- Facilitating the exchange of knowledge and best practices between young people in EDYN member countries;
- Building entrepreneurial skills among young people committed to democracy.
We welcome creative solutions for issues like rising populism; the spread of disinformation; social inequality and equal rights for marginalized groups; environmental protection and responsible policy development; and a wide range of other initiatives.
Project proposals for both online and offline projects will be accepted.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, governments in EDYN member countries have instituted public health measures (e.g. quarantine, capacity restrictions, travel bans, etc.) that could disrupt the implementation of your project. Thus, for any project envisioning offline gatherings of people, travel, or other activities involving people-to-people contact, please submit two versions of your proposal – 1) the project as originally planned, and 2) the project adapted to account for such public health measures. Below you can find the proposal template. When submitting the second “adapted” version, please use the following format in the “Project Name” line of Section 2.1: “[Original Project Name] – COVID-19 Adaptation”
- All EDYN Ambassadors and Members can apply for funding.
- Each project proposal must be sponsored by at least one EDYN Ambassador and involve at least two applicants from at least two different EDYN countries (i.e. at least one applicant being an Ambassador and the other being a Member or Ambassador).
- Each applicant can submit only one project proposal.
- All projects must reflect EDYN’s values and principles.
- The budget limit for projects is $5,000.
- There is no limit for the number of countries involved in the international project provided that the number of participating countries is justified.
Implementation period: November 2021- October 2022
Deadline for application: November 6, 2021 (00:00 CET)
MEF 2021 Application: download HERE
A complete Application should not be longer than 6 pages (sections I and II).
Please fill out the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 6, 2021 (00:00 CET).