We are proud to announce the following candidates will attend ACYPL’s Trip to the USA:
- Jetmir Asani, North Macedonia
- Pavel Havlicek, Czech Republic
- Aleksandar Ljubomirović, Serbia
- Gjorgi Tasev, North Macedonia
- Blerta Berisha, Kosovo
- Radka Wagingerová, Slovakia
- Ana Gjidiaj, Albania
- Alexandra Daám, Hungary
EDYN HQ is pleased to open a call for applications for a week-long trip to the USA organized in partnership with the American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL). All expenses (airfare, meals, visa, and local transport) will be covered.
- Dates: 17-25 February, 2024
- Location: United States (Washington DC + second city/state TBD)
- Application deadline: Sunday, October 15th 2023, 23:59 CET
- Organized by: EDYN HQ and ACYPL
- Contact information: For any enquiries or further information, please contact [email protected]
- Due to the ACYPL’s guidelines, this call is only open to EDYN members from Albania, the Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Serbia, and Slovakia who must also
- be active in politics (i.e. running for office, part of the youth wing of a political party, provincially or locally elected officials, political party representatives, public policy makers, political activists, campaign or election professionals, political journalists, labor union representatives, government affairs professional, or other);
- be active EDYN members;
- have a basic familiarity and understanding of the American political system, institutions, and relevant actors and stakeholders;
- have C1-English level (or higher)
- hold a passport that is valid until the summer of 2024 and has 2 subsequent free pages (for a J1-Visa)
You can find the application form HERE.
Please send your application and CV to [email protected] with “ACYPL trip” as the email subject.
Evaluation and Selection Process:
Applications will undergo a rigorous evaluation process by EDYN HQ staff, the Leadership Council, and EDYN’s implementing partner (NDI). Applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with the trip’s objectives and focus areas;
- Member’s ability to apply lessons learned in his/her local community and political landscape;
- Member’s qualifications, experience, and expertise.
8 EDYN members (4 males and 4 females) will be selected.
Fair and comprehensive political as well as geographic representation will also inform the final selection process.
Applicants will be selected by the end of October 2023 to allow for the necessary arrangements.
Additional information about the trip’s focus and objectives:
The trip is intended for EDYN members who seek an in-depth exploration and understanding of US politics; relations between Europe and the US; the American political landscape’s main institutions, judiciary, and policymaking structures; as well as the American electoral processes, political campaigns, and advisory dynamics.
Activities will include visits, networking events, Q&A sessions, conversations, and informal social events with representatives from relevant federal and state institutions, organisations, think tanks, embassies, and NGOs.
The trip will include time for cultural endeavors, sightseeing, and social activities in Washington DC and a second US state/city (to be determined).
All selected candidates will be expected to actively participate in all sessions, networking events, conversations, and informal social events.
Members are expected to demonstrate their desire to learn about the inner workings of the US political landscape and to be able to apply lessons learned and contacts made in their community upon their return following the trip. Members must also demonstrate their willingness to create a safe space for respectful dialogue and the peaceful exchange of different political perspectives and experiences with other EDYN members who have different political affiliations.